Painter, mixed-media artist, and music engineer Loganic, originally from Macon, Georgia, travelled to Africa for the first time to participate in the J Rêve International Global Artist Residency Program. His one-month residency took place in Dakar, Senegal, where he engaged in a number of activities impacting students, artists and a community of young entrepreneurs. J Rêve International’s Global Artist Residency Program makes an impact not only for the artists, but also the communities they visit. During their residency, each artist fulfills a ‘community engagement project’ designed to leave their legacy by either sharing their skills through workshops, or talents through public arts, performances, collaborations, and/or exhibitions. Loganic’s community projects include:
- Collaboration mural at Blaise Diagne Community Center with Senegalese artists Papa Samba N’diaye & Afia
- Collaboration mural with Senegalese artist Afia in the Give1Project office headquarters, a non-profit empowering youth entrepreneurship.
- Speaking engagement at SABS, Senegalese-American Bilingual School
- Speaking engagement with Blaise Diagne High School English Club Students
- Collaboration with Senegalese artist Marie Ngom to create masks for Prodigal Son & Give1Arts exhibition
- Prodigal Son recorded performance at Gorée Island